Friday, April 29, 2016

10 Things I Never Want To Do Again

Over the last 24 years I have learned my lesson more than 10 times and I am sure I will continue to learn. There are things I have done that I am not proud of but I am not ashamed of them. Most of them I do not wish to repeat as they will only end the same way while others may end in a better light. You can't change the past though and I don't wish to. Some of my lessons are humors while others are quite serious either way, let me share with you a few things I would rather not repeat in my life time.



1. Get Married : Every since I was a little girl I dreamed of finding my "True Love" at a young age and growing old together. Never separating, divorcing, or even taking a break, that love that works out anything. At the age of 15, I found the man I now call my husband and so far my dream has came true. We have worked hard for what we have and even though we may not agree on everything we also compromise to work past it. Our wedding was a big event and one day I hope to renew our vows but as for the whole marrying another man, I don't wish to repeat that.

2. Roommate with a Stranger : Travis and I have had a handful of roommates since starting our "adulting" life. First it started out with long time friends than one thing lead to another and we opened our home to three strangers over the last 6 years. One of them were out of our hands but later became unmanageable and the other two were strangers we thought we knew but we were wrong. We wasted thousands of dollars trying to help others but only getting disrespected in the end. I am sure I should turn our room-mating experiences into a full post because there is so much to share. Both good and bad but the bad ones impacted us so much that we have made an agreement to never open our doors to someone we didn't have a history with, unless it is an emergency circumstance. If we can help it, living in a house with no roommates is our dream that we plan to make a reality. I mean heck we have been the only lease holders on everyone of our homes (other than my brother in law when he shared a house with us) and yet we let these people negatively impact our lives numerous times.

3. Ride on Top of a Car : Not much to explain here. In high school I had a good friend who was five months older so he received his Driver license sooner. We would take his car and drive to the closest park to do stupid stuff. Ride on top of the hood or roof was a reoccurring event. It was fun but completely stupid. We were lucky we never fell off and cracked our heads open or got ran over. I never want to test that luck again and I only get more fragile with age. 

4. Get a Tattoo from a House Artist : I go into detail a lot more about about my experience with getting a tattoo from a house artist in this post. After that experience I swore to always do my research and never go to an artist that didn't have years of experience that I could see on paper and skin. Shops also provide a sense of safety and tend to be more health aware.

5. Self Harm or Self Hatred : I have always been a larger pant size than the "average" girl my age. Even in middle school and high school when I was extremely active in Basketball and Softball, I could never seem to be "skinny". I hated the way my body looked even my breasts which I constantly got approached about. They were too big, and so were my thighs, hips, and stomach. I had my moments when I was proud of my body because rarely any girls my age had been developed like I was. That would quickly change because the more confident I became about my womanhood the more I was hit on and treated rudely by both boys and girls. I would go home and cut my inner thighs because the pain I felt from the cut helped me not to focus on the pain I felt about my own self. Once I got older and especially when I meet Travis, I learned to love certain things about my body. I learned to not focus so hard on what other people liked about my body. It is my body and I am the only person that should truly love my body. So in 2008 I vowed to never harm myself especially over something so silly like what other people think of my body. 



6. Own a Large Snake : For my sixteenth birthday I gathered up all of my birthday money and decided to buy a snake. My step father at the time owned a large constrictor and I fell in love with having one. My mom agreed to the purchase probably had no idea I would come home with a 12 foot albino python. After a year of growth, she reached up to 16 feet and my step fathers snake reached over 20 feet long. They both became so big and at times dangerous that we had to donate them to a local zoo. I understand the dangers of having a snake that large and don't wish to experience the uneasiness again.

7. Wear Braces : After having braces for 6 1/2 years I never want to have them again. This one is pretty plain and simple so no long description or reason why is needed in my opinion. They hurt like a B***h and were constantly cutting up the inside of my mouth. I was teased for having them but I always tried to remember that the pain would be worth it in the end. It was but I don't wish to repeat it.  

8. Stay at a Job I can't Stand : In 2006 I began my first "real" job at an lighting office where my mom was the office manager. I worked the entire summer coping and organizing paperwork, it wasn't the best job I have had but I loved it. When the summer ended I picked up some seasonal work at a Halloween and event store. I got to help people pick out what the wanted to be for Halloween or what gross stuff to decorate their house with. It was awesome, but the position was only available for three months. That following summer I started working at a grooming and daycare shop for pets. It wasn't easy work and it got a little messy but I loved every moment of it. Who wouldn't want to spend their day playing with dogs and get paid for it? When the company began to have financial problems I started looking for a new job. Luckily it didn't take long and I was offered a position working in a sandwich shop. I stayed for two years and enjoyed it before I choosing to leave for a better paying job. At first the job was interesting and at times fun but slowly it became something that I hated. If it wasn't for the people I worked with I would have went crazy. I was treated horribly buy potential clients and the companies leadership only cared about themselves. Big changes happened and I was eventually able to quit due to uncontrollable circumstances. Now I work for a company that at times drives me crazy but I love what I do and the people I work with.

9. Try Hardcore Drugs : For a short year or so in high school I experimented with one or two things and I made a big mistake that cost me my senior year experience. I don't regret what I did because I wouldn't be where I am today but I will never repeat it. This is another story I will have to save for another day.

10. To Sign an Agreement Before Sleeping On It : Over the last six years I have signed a few agreements, most of them being rental agreements. There were times were I took the agreement home and went over it a few times with Travis while others we signed on the spot. There were times where it worked out and others that we wished we would have paid more attention. As I get older more and more agreements seem to be coming up and reading them can be boring but it is worth knowing. Being burned is never fun and I don't wish to experience that again so reading every agreement that comes my way is a must.

There are probably more than ten things that I never want to do again but these are the appropriate ones that come to mind. Is there anything you have done that you never want to do again? 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Back to Top