Monday, August 15, 2016

Stung by Arizona Living

Hello Lovelies.

I can't believe I haven't had a chance to actually sit down in front of my computer and type up a half way decent update post. Some of that being because I haven't had very much spare time and second being that our new internet company is a piece of dog poo. I can't even back up my IPhone on our personal home internet so here I am sitting in McDonald using their free Wi-Fi. A sweet old man is sitting in front of me randomly glancing in my direction in hopes that I will start up another conversation but respectful enough to understand that I am typing away. He reminds me of home, which brings tears to my eyes. A lot has happened since the end of May and I have so much to share. Let's start from the beginning of our oh so crazy summer.

In June we loaded up our pups, all of our belonging, at least what is left,  and headed back to the melting state of Arizona. The drive was horrible and scary at times, we decided to tow a trailer instead of renting a U-Haul truck and our check engine light came on as we entered New Mexico. Travis was freaking out and honestly inside I was too but I kept reminding him that if we break down at least we were close to his family and our friends. We made it safely to my father in laws house around 1 am and immediately unpacked the trailer. I never remember that it is so much easier to unload something compared to packing it up. Staring at all of our belongs sitting in a 6x12 area in my father in laws garage was a little bitter sweet, we left almost everything behind. You would think that after three times of leaving almost all of your belongs behind and starting over, a girl would be use to this feeling but I wasn't.

After a month of catching up with family and friends, visiting some of our favorite Arizona restaurants, and applying for a handful of jobs, I was offered a position with two different companies. I waited in line for a pre screening drug test and a few days later was provided a start date for a Tech Support Company. A few days later Travis was also offered a position with a different Tech Support Company and the madness began. Originally our schedules were supposed to be very similar but in the end we dealt with a month of opposite shifts and opposite days off. We barely saw each other and the company I signed on to was slowly showing its true colors. I couldn't take it. After three weeks of working I decided that I made a bad employment decision and I needed a change. Lucky for me, the applications I previously put out into the world had been picked up and I was called in for an interview. I was hired on the spot and couldn't be happier with my decision to take the position. Last night I gave my resignation and handed over my badge, it was a lesson well learned.

I begin my new position Tuesday and the schedule is guaranteed to be very similar to Travis's, the only thing we may have to fight for is the same days off. In the long run though, I would take being able to see him every evening than being on opposite schedules with no sight of each other. At this very point is when the older gentleman in front of me decided to strike up a conversation again. Today though is a new day and I plan on doing a lot of Pokémon Go Hunting. Oh did I not mention that we are addicted to the popular game, it is more a competitive addiction. If you haven't choose to go to a park and Pokémon Hunt with your spouse instead of going to a movie, you haven't lived yet. We seriously can not get enough of it, we are also looking forward to being able to go to city Pokémon events. It sounds cheesy but don't knock it until you try it.

Now that we are settled into our little condo on the side of an Arizona mountain preserve, we are happy to be back in the beautiful state of Arizona. I miss my family and Oklahoma friends like crazy but I know that moving to Arizona was the best decision for us. Except for the time that I was stung by a scorpion 6 times while trying to lay down for bed this past week. Travis almost had a mini heart attack when we couldn't locate the little devil after calling poison control. When we finally did locate it, we did as poison control advised and haven't ran into another one since. You best believe that we black light our bed before climbing in every single night now and our bed set is washed frequently.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Back to Top